Tuesday 23 August 2011

TEFL - A new string to my bow!

Thanks to the generosity of close friends, I have been able to purchase an on-line course leading to an advanced certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I feel certain that acquiring this skill will enable me to be more effective/attractive as a volunteer and may also be the source of a peripatetic income whilst being "Knowmadic". I hope to complete this 120 hour course in good time for my departure.

When I was in primary/junior school it was at the time when the teaching of grammar was out of fashion, soon to be followed by the cessation of the "spelling bee".  So it is quite a revelation to me, at last, to fully comprehend the technical structures behind my native tongue. I am absolutely sure that this lack of grammatical knowledge is why I have found it so difficult to learn a foreign language.

Therefore, I am hoping that when I recommence my Spanish (at escuela Cima del Mundo) it will become easier as I might hopefully know the difference between a past participle and the past tense without feeling past it!  Though I am sure the split infinitive will my constant companion remain!

No comments:

Post a Comment