Everything is coming together!
1. Accommodation booked: through AirBnb, nice I bedroom flat just outside the city centre and closer to where I will be volunteering in Ciudad Vieja
2. Flights booked: (via Amsterdam and Mexico City) AVOIDING USA flying with KLM and Aeromexico
3. Language tuition booked: With a prestigious school where I will do 2 weeks of Spanish 7 hours a day 5 days a week, with a focus on conversational skills, and, 1 week intensive Kaqchikel (that will be a real adventure) as the structure of the language bears no resemblance to anything I have studied before.
4. Spanish revision in progress ably (?) assisted by Chat GPT.
5. Started my fund raising to get the £500 contribution I am expected to make to Niños de Guatemala. I know my friends will be generous!
6. Reconnecting with old friends from Antigua (remember I was living there for a year in 2011-2012 and have kept in touch with one or two people there.
No comments:
Post a Comment